
I'm extremely interested in this whole blogging thing. Think of all of the good the power of words can do. I'm fortunate to have working fingers that can type. There are so many out there without such an advantage, and, so, it is incumbant upon me to share thoughts and stories that may in some way better mankind.
Back to this idea of the handless and fingerless-- I am intrigued and proud to support the work of Paul Smith, a plastic surgeon in London who has started to replace fingers on the hands of children with symbrachydactyly. Hundreds are born so afflicted each year. Personally, those of us with fingers have a duty to inform and educate the masses on behalf of these poor children who are unable to blog.
Simply, when we have the means to make a difference, and I am blessed with such means, we must. And, so, I plan on blogging much more-- not for me, but for a better world.
Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it a bit squaresville, though?