| Pretentious image snagged from the Internet |
Amazing things like reading a blog entry from one of the characters on the play (and incredibly in character, if I may say so) about a topic that is not touched in the play (which makes hitting the nail even more difficult) fill me with a bucket of happy. Seeing rehearsal today (the first time we stood up and walked around while delivering lines) and how natural the movements, facial expressions, interactions and so on were gives me both an amount of confidence and peace of mind I had not experience in theater many times before. The sensation one can get when an actor acts on pure intuition and things come out as a character rather than as an actor's performance is difficult to explain.
With over a month before opening, the crew is already gathering things, throwing ideas, being the best crew one could expect on tech week, but without the stress of tech week.
In the end, it is coming to that: a pretty stress-free, fun project that already shows signs of a great show... and we still have a lot of time to make it absolutely mind-blowing. I know these actors and crew will not settle for anything less.
Oh, before I forget... my intuition asks me to say something I should have said a bit before my first post. Yes, this blog is maintained by the cast and crew of "A Day in the Death of Joe Egg" but it is not meant to be any sort of "official blog" associated with TWO. So our (read my) senseless rants should never be tied up with such a wonderful and non-rant-type organization!
Hopefully next rehearsal we'll snap a bit of video to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment