Friday, November 5, 2010

Last Minute Backstage Fixes

Sometimes things go wrong. Last night during our preview, everything went smooth until right after we were done, we heard a Crash! A special effect light had fallen and broken apart. Now, being the Production manager and all around "Tech Guy" for this production, I freaked for just a second because we don't have a replacement unit for this set element. But I was able to put it back together so that the show can continue just as the director had envisioned.

So I thought I would give you a little behind the scenes peek at backstage for the show. The pictures are of the broken light and the wonderful, "Put-Back-Together" version of the same light. It was important to get this "look" for the show just right and several people spent quite some time trying to figure out how to make this perfect.

That is part of the magic of theatre, people working together to make something special out of very little, and that's why I love working on shows. This group has been a great pleasure to work with. From the stage hands to the cast and Director, I have great pride and pleasure to be on this journey with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment